Tec-Refresh provides real-time, continuous, and agentless visibility and control for your network environment through Forescout CounterACT. We can see all IP-connected devices the instant they connect to your network, and can classify, assess and monitor those devices. In addition, our team handles IoT (Internet of Things), OT (Operational Technology), or virtual instances. Through this, we can control those devices through automated policies that provide notifications or access control measures based on the device’s hygiene.
Additionally, we can orchestrate security automation with your existing security and management products to rapidly respond to threats across your network.
What’s typically involved with Visibility and Network Access Control?
- Level of visibility isn’t just point in time (like you’d get with a vulnerability assessment or penetration test), but real-time. This is important because devices come and go (especially mobile devices). They can see the second a device comes on and off network. When devices join network, they’re instantly scanned for policy compliance, software version, vulnerabilities, disallowed software, patches, security software, etc. Can instantly block access or push device to VLAN. Can notify user of issues via popup or email. Can notify helpdesk, open helpdesk ticket. Automatic incident response.Mix of incident response and threat-hunting and security response.
- Check if device is a corporate device. If not, push it to guest network/VLAN.
- Organizations often have 30-100% more devices on their network than they expect, because of undocumented devices or devices brought in by users.
- Ability to control IoT (Internet of Things) devices that don’t usually have ability to run a software agent.
Business Benefits of Tec-Refresh’s Visibility and Network Access Control Solutions
- Greater visibility. Real-time visibility is key. If you can’t see what’s on your network, you can’t secure it.
- Faster response and management of devices.
- Increased insight into devices on network.
- Helpdesk has info they need to act.
- Automation saves IT time.
- Especially important for healthcare, to guard patient info and healthcare systems from unauthorized access.
- Forescout doesn’t require any particular level of access to work. It’s agentless (you don’t need to install an agent on IoT, healthcare devices, etc.). It can detect any IP (Internet Protocol) device. It provides visibility and security.
Tec-Refresh, Inc. is an information security consulting firm which provides managed security services, risk management, and compliance services. Efrem Gonzales founded the company in 2010 on the principle of putting the customer first. Our solutions reduce complexity, simplify device compliance, and enhance network security. Tec-Refresh, Inc. has regional offices in Newport Beach, CA, Charlotte, NC and Boston, MA. Contact us to see how we can put our IT expertise and experience to work for you!