We’ll analyze your company’s network components and documentation to identify any weaknesses and risks. Additionally, our team will discuss our findings with you to help you better understand your current IT landscape including your network, security, storage, and computing assets.
What’s typically involved with Network Security Architecture Review?
- Similar to Security Framework Development, but for network as a whole.
- Look at servers, Group Policy Objects (GPOs) to see what access users need.
- Review IT policies and procedures (security, firewalls, switches), business continuity policies and procedures (backup, recovery, archival, retention). Is it automated or manual? Is there a secondary disaster recovery (DR) site, to restore to another location if necessary? Are they backing up to tape, disk, or cloud?
- Bring everything up to recommended level for industry (PCI – Payment Card Industry, PII – Personally Identifiable Information, security risks, etc.).
- Automate as much as possible (backup, disaster recovery, etc.).
- If using tape backup, move to disk because it’s faster, easier to test, more reliable, easier and faster to recover. Backing up to disk can deduplicate (dedupe) and compress, so restore is faster. Disk backup can index contents of backups.
- Ensure firewall(s), network segmentation, demilitarized zone (DMZ) if necessary, ensure all necessary traffic is routed through firewall(s).
- Restrict access by job function.
- Review servers and computing power. How is data being stored? Is it efficient? Is there room to grow? Is server configured correctly? Running supported version of server OS (Windows Server)? Older versions (Windows Server 2003, 2008) are end of life (EOL).
- Replace old desktop OS (Windows XP, 7).
- Are network equipment (firewall, switches, etc.) using latest OS (operating system), patches?
Business Benefits of Tec-Refresh’s Network Architecture Review
- Help network run more smoothly, faster.
- Increase backup reliability, speed, efficiency.
- Save time through automation (backup, next-gen firewall).
- Block malicious sites.
- Free up resources spent managing and maintaining network.
Tec-Refresh, Inc. is an information security consulting firm which provides managed security services, risk management, and compliance services. Efrem Gonzales founded the company in 2010 on the principle of putting the customer first. Our solutions reduce complexity, simplify device compliance, and enhance network security. Contact us to see how we can put our IT expertise and experience to work for you!